Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tennis Anyone?

This week, Abby started Tennis officially!  Her cousin Connor has been playing since the age of 4 and everytime Abby would go to KC to visit, she wanted to take her racket and practice with him.  Well, one month ago she turned 4 and guess what...yep, Tennis lessons here we come!  As many of you know sports have been a huge part of my life as well as Mike's.  I remember finishing my college career and thinking "gosh, what am I going to do now!"  This is why I love that Abby ASKED to play tennis...a game that can be played forever and and ever.  Just ask my neighbor who is 83 and still plays 3 days a week..."gosh, I hope that's me!"  Abby was geared up and ready to learn as she headed to the courts!
Two young male teachers and all eyes were on them...I've never seen kids so well behaved!
Here she is loving it...and over the net it went!  As soon as she hit it over, she yelled "Mom, I did it, can I give you a hug"...of coarse, I said YES!!
For a family that really has never gotten into Tennis, I must say I am excited to see where this sport takes us!  What a great week thus far as we have started yet another journey in a new sport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment